The Hermit’s Cave was a syndicated radio horror series. The syndication was done via scripts, so that stations could broadcast the program with their own casts.
The program began in September 1937 and continued into the mid-1940s on WJR AM in Detroit, Michigan. In 1942, WJR’s broadcasts of the show were recorded and broadcast a week later on WBBM in Chicago, Illinois. By 1943, transcriptions of the WJR version of the program were also being broadcast in eight additional cities.